• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hotkeys, Editing tools, Audio glitch
11-17-2020, 07:35 AM,
RE: Hotkeys, Editing tools, Audio glitch
(11-16-2020, 11:35 PM)LordDeadwood Wrote: I don't have any of the M&P titles, but all the other titles have OOB/PDT/Campaign Editors included in the installation. As for the map labels, try SHIFT+ALT to make them stick.

You need to use a text editor to edit PDT and OOB files, it isn't just the Musket and Pike series, but also in the Napoleonic series, Early American Wars, and I assume that is still the case with the Civil War series.

I use Notepad ++ and use the black skin for it; I like ultra edit maybe better, but I didn't feel like spending that much money on it was going to be warranted.

The how to guides (assuming you use one with the current PDT version -as some engine changes had changed around the order of various PDT entries) are pretty good - but it really ends up being more about how you structure indentations, and using spaces to make things more legible on yourself.   That part is optional but I found that it helped out.

I know that part really messed me up when I was working on one of the projects for that publisher - as SYW introduced some things like adding in the ability to code command ranges for armies and wings that wasn't part of the initial release of the Renaissance.  You do learn a lot by working with this material manually -it is a bit like hand coding  a web page using a text editor and nothing but html - as opposed to using a what you see is what you get editor.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hotkeys, Editing tools, Audio glitch - by -72- - 11-17-2020, 07:35 AM