• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FWWC France 14 Musing and Wonderings
08-13-2020, 08:29 PM,
RE: FWWC France 14 Musing and Wonderings
(08-13-2020, 05:17 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 04:07 AM)Steel God Wrote: The long and the short of things for me are that FWWC is NOT PzC, and I'v had to unlearn things.  

Exactly why I wrote my article detailing the differences between PzC and FWWC, to a PzC veteran they look the same but oh boy they are so different, amazing that basically the same game engine can produce such a different feel to a game with just a few tweaks under the hood.

You haven't even mentioned cavalry yet? Learning how to best utilize their capabilities is a game within a game, once again they are oh so different to the cavalry unit types you see in PzC...... Wink

Nice.  That article could have saved me some early frustrations.  lol

The Cavalry I have not truly experienced yet.  The first small scenario I played PBEM had me defending as Beligians against a German Cavalry heavy force, and in my opinion the Cavalry had serious drawbacks, but again those were visual I did not "feel the pain" first person.  In the larger PBEM I'm currently playing I have been using the available French Cavalry (no Cav Divisions, just Divisional and Corps Level Cav units)  as Division and Corps Commanders I believe would have, to spot and to screen.  I think to see and experience a full blown offensive Cavalry charge you'd need more space than the map I'm currently on.  Maybe some opportunities in the CG scenarios, or based on what I know of history, out Tannenberg way.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FWWC France 14 Musing and Wonderings - by Steel God - 08-13-2020, 08:29 PM