• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2D icons
07-20-2020, 12:34 PM,
2D icons
I really can't get on with the current set of 2D icons. By trying to display 2 or even 3 mini icons on 1 counter its looks to me cluttered and confusing. The first priority for me should be that at a glance the unit formation and direction is clear. Unit type can be incorporated INTO this instead of needing separate icon on the counter. This is accomplished in the new gold Civil War Campaigns where Cav line and column are different colours and shapes to Infantry. Other stuff I consider superfluous if it is displayed in the unit info box.

I've been trying to adapt the ACW game icons to Nap Waterloo, given that they are so clear etc. Its currently a WIP, and only the highest resolution is done so far. Doing the others will take longer than I thought (scaling down creates issues, all need to be done by hand individually).

Feedback welcome - particularly with regard to playabilty issues I may encounter / break.

It is my hope that something like this is their long term intent for the Nap series, but if not then they are going down the wrong track for me. The ACW series currently has the best presentation of all the titles IMO, making it playable in all nearly all zoom modes. I'll continue with this for the time being.

[Image: pryzaxA.jpg]

[Image: dapQBBU.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
2D icons - by Jace11 - 07-20-2020, 12:34 PM
RE: 2D icons - by -72- - 07-20-2020, 06:33 PM
RE: 2D icons - by Jace11 - 07-22-2020, 06:01 AM