• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Changes planned for Napoleonic titles.
06-07-2020, 02:28 PM,
RE: Changes planned for Napoleonic titles.
Guys,

I'm also following this thread.

A couple of points to ensure that there are no misconceptions. There will not be a switch in game like there is in ACW to change graphics with say Nato symbols on vs off. Why? Because the Napoleonic series is with JTS for programming where as ACW is with WDS. Berto added the extra switch in for that series.

I might in consideration of the long term support you guys have provided John Tiller see what is involved in providing both the 2D non Nato ACW unit artwork as well as a version of the new graphics without the coloured Nato symbols. You would have to manually replace these, but they would be available in builds going forward. Is that a possible solution?

As mentioned in both the blog and the posts on the PzC forum we are trying to both align and differentiate the different scales of the various game systems and the ACW and Napoleonic series align pretty nicely in terms of scale and the type of infrastructure present.

I will talk to rich on how we leave the ability to restore legacy graphics if necessary, the same as we're doing for PzC with the previously released Gold graphics.

As also mentioned by others, the enhanced graphics are a great chance for the modders to really run wild. there is a lot more space to work.

Thanks,

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changes planned for Napoleonic titles. - by Strela - 06-07-2020, 02:28 PM