• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Changes planned for Napoleonic titles.
06-02-2020, 07:31 AM,
RE: Changes planned for Napoleonic titles.
(06-01-2020, 07:19 PM)LarkinVB Wrote: Playing mostly with 3D view I stronlgy prefer the larger figure sizes with fewer men compared to the lots of tiny men where any unit flavor will be wasted. For the ACW this might be not that impactfull but the napoleonic periods immersion and charm of beautiful uniforms will be gone.

I'm kind of the opposite- as it ends up being all about scale and scope- meaning I think if I were to play miniatures it would be 6 or 3mm and go with that.

Mind you if you are on the field and under duress; the type of duress that you would be facing someone that has every intent to kill you -you aren't really going to care about if the other guy's epaulets are mauve or chartreuse - you probably wouldn't even notice.

I guess what I am saying is what exactly would have been the real impact on a battlefield?  I can imagine that the Old Guard's uniforms, their height requirements and big bearskins were (and did) fully intended to demoralise an opponent on sight. 

But that's just me -one can actually do both if you have the time and inclination to put it together.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changes planned for Napoleonic titles. - by -72- - 06-02-2020, 07:31 AM