• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AI in JTS games
03-20-2020, 08:02 AM,
RE: AI in JTS games
There are some scenarios that I have seen that are designed to be played as a defender. I believe that Minsk has a few. SB Korea has some too. They tend to rely on large numbers of attackers to balance things out. If you're into horrific odds and last stands, I think you might find some scenarios designed with that in mind. But the scripting does not react to changes in the battlefield as the game progresses so the attackers will have little imagination. And as before, the longer and larger the game, the more problematic this becomes.

But in general, attacking is more difficult than defending and consequently, the AI does a better job in that role. I also think that it is generally more fun to attack than it is to defend, you are proactive as opposed to reactive. So, when I play against the AI, I am almost always the attacker. And I will confess that I rarely finish a scenario against the AI. That's in part because I lose interest, but also because the challenge is gone somewhere between a third and half way through the game. By that time, I have usually accomplished most of what is difficult and the rest is mopping up. And that's fine with me. I have gotten enjoyment out of the game and it's time to move onto to something else. It's not the same as finishing a book.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AI in JTS games - by Ekaton - 03-17-2020, 10:42 PM
RE: AI in JTS games - by Lowlander - 03-17-2020, 11:20 PM
RE: AI in JTS games - by Jeff Conner - 03-20-2020, 04:07 AM
RE: AI in JTS games - by Lowlander - 03-20-2020, 07:46 AM
RE: AI in JTS games - by Jeff Conner - 03-20-2020, 08:02 AM
RE: AI in JTS games - by Kampfmeister - 03-20-2020, 09:07 PM
RE: AI in JTS games - by Mr Grumpy - 03-21-2020, 06:56 AM
RE: AI in JTS games - by BigDuke66 - 03-21-2020, 11:34 AM