• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
02-22-2020, 02:02 AM,
RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
My game against Dan was pretty much over after turn three. With Op Fire settings on "long" to start the game, Dan's initial moves triggered Op Fire from my AT guns ... which were quickly eliminated. The German infantry's lack of any AT assets allowed Dan to simply roll up, disrupt, surround and capture all of my guys. By the time the German armor reinforcements started to arrive, the Russians had killed so many men and held so many VP hexes that mathematically it was very bleak for the Germans. Also, for some reason, the scenario designer makes the PzIV reinforcements with the good guns arrive late (mine never did arrive).

So once the armor I did have started to roll onto the scene, my tanks were fighting against equal numbers of superior Russian armor that was lying in wait, and the Russian armor still had infantry support, including Egnrs with AT capabilities.

I suppose it was simply luck of the draw and I am just glad to be playing this great game again.

Onward and upward,

Nort
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - by Nort - 02-22-2020, 02:02 AM