• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Questions.
11-10-2019, 09:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 09:57 PM by Big Ivan. Edit Reason: typo )
RE: Questions.
Oldbones,

Question 1: IMO the rate of games reported is based a lot on the weather. As the weather starts to turn into winter there is a greater chance of games being completed and reported. Another reason could be that Campaign Series Vietnam is coming out soon so a lot of the players are sharpening their skills in anticipation for that game being released.

Question 2: MY CS Middle East is a separate install from John Tiller's Campaign Series. They are both in the same folder in my rig under "Matrix Games". But both of them run on an entirely different engine. What I mean is JTCS(EFII,WF and RS) run on its game engine(executables) and CSME runs on its separate engine(executable). They are not connected all is one under the same executable.

CSME is vastly different in play and graphics from JTCS. You will find as you play CSME that through the years the weapon systems, tanks especially, become more deadly and powerful as one gets into the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's. True too, the anti-tank weapons like TOW and Saggar become more deadly and towed AT Guns disappear entirely. There is a good scenario that kind of shows this called "Humbling of the Tank". You can experience the power of modern anti-tank weapons.

There is also the addition of helicopters which change the battlefield entirely!! Some helos transport troops while others are tank busters. Whole different idea than WWII.

In modern warfare the saying goes if it can be seen it can be almost instantly killed. That wasn't the case in WWII for the weapon systems had not advanced that far yet. 

Hope you enjoy both games as much as I do!

Big Ivan Cigar5
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Questions. - by Oldbones - 11-10-2019, 08:06 PM
RE: Questions. - by Big Ivan - 11-10-2019, 09:56 PM
RE: Questions. - by Oldbones - 11-11-2019, 01:06 AM
RE: Questions. - by Big Ivan - 11-11-2019, 02:25 AM
RE: Questions. - by Jason Petho - 11-11-2019, 03:11 AM
RE: Questions. - by Oldbones - 11-11-2019, 10:51 PM