• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Franklin: Problems
09-15-2019, 03:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 09:49 AM by bkosar19.)
Campaign Franklin: Problems
If anyone is thinking of purchasing Campaign Franklin then I'd pass until it is patched beyond the 3.0 version.

It currently has two major issues that seriously diminish its gameplay.

First, in its non-weather scenarios all of the army or corps level commanders have unlimited command radius.  You don't have to worry about command control above division.  (This bug was reported and acknowledged over six months ago.)

Second, there is no parameter data for the Spencer in any of the scenarios.  Thus, the numerous Federal cavalry units armed with that weapon are not able to fire.  They have no range.  (I did a search here to see if anyone else has noticed this, but couldn't find anything.  I also reported this issue to JTS.)

I know these are niche products and Franklin is undoubtedly one of the least popular titles, but still it is frustrating to come across such stuff especially for games that are neither new nor cheap.   How did such obvious issues get by the testers?

EDIT: Campaign Atlanta also has the same issue with the missing parameter data for the Spencer.

2nd EDIT: With notepad I was able to get the Spencer back into both Campaign Franklin and Atlanta. There is no uniform weapons stats between games or even in games themselves with stats changing according to whatever .pdt file is used for a particular scenario. So, I couldn't just cut-and-paste the Spencer stats from another game. Well, I could, but that would have resulted in an inferior weapon that performs worse than even the ordinary carbine because most of the small arms stats in Overland and Petersburg are weaker than those in Atlanta and Frankin. Using various stats for the Spencer found in Campaigns Overland and Petersburg as templates, I made-up stats that I thought would fit Franklin's and Atlanta's parameter data. Anyway it works.

I was told that a patch is being worked on, but it won't be out "any time soon." So, this DIY fix is for now our only resort.

I wonder if I can also fix the army/corps leader command radius issue?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Campaign Franklin: Problems - by bkosar19 - 09-15-2019, 03:16 PM
RE: Campaign Franklin: Problems - by krmiller - 09-16-2019, 11:08 AM
RE: Campaign Franklin: Problems - by bkosar19 - 09-16-2019, 11:51 AM
RE: Campaign Franklin: Problems - by Partizanka - 12-16-2020, 01:42 AM
RE: Campaign Franklin: Problems - by -72- - 12-16-2020, 08:15 PM
RE: Campaign Franklin: Problems - by Partizanka - 12-17-2020, 02:19 AM
RE: Campaign Franklin: Problems - by Compass Rose - 12-18-2020, 02:25 AM
RE: Campaign Franklin: Problems - by -72- - 12-21-2020, 08:20 AM
RE: Campaign Franklin: Problems - by -72- - 05-15-2021, 01:09 PM