• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released!
05-05-2019, 09:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2019, 09:56 PM by Xaver.)
RE: Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released!
Buyed yesterday, not a lot time to try it but enough to say is a great title, very refreshing specially when you dont see Soviets or Germans... well, are americans but 50% new is a step in the correct direction Big Grin2

I really find attractive the scens, even when there are a lot of landing scens, that are not my favourite scen type, but the after landing scens are more interesting compared with the offered in Sealion40, breakout scens and after breakout, specially i find interesting a pair of japanese counterattack scens, i dont remember that kind of scens in Sealion40, in general variety of scens is correct and are offer options for different kind of players, i admit i have fear to see Japan45 like Sealion40... a little limited in the type of scens but i can say Japan45 outside the campaign is very well equiped with different kind of scens.

In general i like a lot the title, art is great and scens offer interesting situations for players (i really like lack of bunkers evne when americans have a good set of flame in land and flame in air) and of course have Japan as new nation in PzC universe with all the diferent units and OOBs add more value to the title.

Maybe only "negative" thing i find in the title is the to homogeneous Japanese colour... maybe use different counters to diference between 1st and 2nd line units (specially when diferences are very high between them, a lot more than between soviet regular and guard units for example) made more visual learn what you have and what you are facing and add more colour to the map

I am going to buy Japan46 for sure, only bad thing is i am unable to wait to made a megabuy and use the discount when you buy 200$ of quality and fun Helmet Wink

A little question... i dont find the japanese navy infantry units... they are in the mixed brigades integrated with other army units/soldiers without diferenciate between army and navy??? thanks.

PD: could be great if PzC can explore now other campaigns/battles/wars outside the original PzC scope.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released! - by Xaver - 05-05-2019, 09:53 PM