• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario thoughts
09-02-2018, 10:39 AM,
Scenario thoughts
This is just my offhand thoughts on scenarios people may want to look at.  Take them for whatever you want.  I mention it, because I've been kind of surprised to see people on all kinds of different boards playing Hochkirch of all things.  The Prussians are outnumbered and surrounded, with Austrians coming from everywhere (Daun really doesn't get enough credit for that beauty).  There's a version with the Austrians being fixed for a time, but if you want competitive HtH play, it wouldn't be my suggestion. 

There are battles in the war that are so lopsided one way or the other, I'd put them fairly low on the list.  One can try to balance victory conditions, but they're still problematic:

Hochkirch
Moys
Maxen
Gross-Jaegersdorf
Kay-Palzig
Lutterberg

Then there's Rossbach(afternoon).  A wild situation. I'm not sure that anything resembling the historical rout of the Franco-Imperial forces is possible, but I do think it's possible for a badly outnumbered Prussian force to give the F-I fits.  They've got a very superior position at start.

All that said, my personal suggestions? (Pending all  you guys playing and giving feedback from someone not on the team  Helmet Wink)

Prague (any version)
Kolin (any version)
Minden (either version)
Warburg (testers raved about this one)
Zorndorf

All the rest are somewhere "in between".  Some like Rossbach and Torgau are so weird that I expect pretty decisive wins in both directions, depending on how the game rolls.

There may well be some I'm forgetting, but those would be my personal first suggestions.
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Scenario thoughts - by Gary McClellan - 09-02-2018, 10:39 AM
RE: Scenario thoughts - by Gary McClellan - 09-03-2018, 04:07 AM
RE: Scenario thoughts - by jim pfleck - 09-04-2018, 03:11 AM
RE: Scenario thoughts - by Laborde - 12-05-2018, 03:47 AM
RE: Scenario thoughts - by Laborde - 04-26-2019, 08:23 PM