• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Release of Republican Bayonets on the Rhine (RBR)
03-31-2018, 04:50 AM,
RE: Release of Republican Bayonets on the Rhine (RBR)
(03-25-2018, 07:27 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 07:18 AM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: You wont find a military atlas that covers these battles in this detail (Situation Maps and Battle maps). One of my goals is to produce a five volume set of military atlases for the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars. Each atlas would go for 10 USD and be available on Kindle and possibly paperback. There is always the older Napoleonic atlas by Esposito and Elting and two atlases on the Peninsular War (two different works). Try finding a good atlas on the French Revolutionary wars! The maps usually are vague.
Bought if you do a PDF version, the ebooks I had in .epub till now had so bad graphics that they were useless.

(03-25-2018, 07:18 AM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: Special mention to Paul Synnott who helped with the translation of Picard's work on the 1800 campaign. He helped me work on the 2nd Battle of Biberach. Otherwise it never would have been included.
Shows how important a good team is.

One thing I would be sure to check if I do the e-book military atlas is that the map fills the page. I have yet to figure out why anyone these days would want to publish a book if the maps are tiny. Defeats the reason for having a map in a book in the first place. Another thing that irritates me is the constant reference to locations in a book but no map location is put on the map! Nafziger did that a lot and so do other authors. Major reference to a town but nothing on the map so that the person not familiar with the region can get a point of reference.

Its just a no-brainer to me to have good maps that are easily understood and have the pertinent locations on them.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Release of Republican Bayonets on the Rhine (RBR) - by Sgt_Rock - 03-31-2018, 04:50 AM