• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unprotected VP locations and cavalry raid(France'14)
03-04-2018, 06:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2018, 06:56 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: Unprotected VP locations and cavalry raid(France'14)
(03-04-2018, 03:04 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 10:40 AM)Hoplite Wrote: Mostly in 1914_0906_03s: Foch Stands Firm and only a single time in 1914_0919_01s: A Dagger to the Heart scenarios my opponents  did make deep cavalry raid on my victory point locations without any garrisons. Is it WAD?  HelpShould it be gamey just for opinion.
Simply put players need to garrison VP hexes. They call it "friction" in the attack.  A player should not leave rear areas undefended and if a player, in WWI scenarios, scoops them up with cavalry good for him and sorrow for the enemy! On the other hand in WWII, using Flak and AT units to probe flanks and operate as cavalry does; seems to me like gamy tactics.   jonny Mex Big Grin

That might work for certain smaller scenarios, but for scenarios with bigger maps with multiple vp hex's in rear areas it might not be possible to garrison them all without fatally weakening your front line units?

Another possibility is to have a "security force" of cavalry that patrols your rear areas to catch and destroy such units and to convert the VP hex's back, but again not every scenarios force mix will allow you to do this.

As I said a difficult problem to solve as everyone has a different take on this...........
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unprotected VP locations and cavalry raid(France'14) - by Mr Grumpy - 03-04-2018, 06:56 PM