• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
02-08-2018, 03:44 PM,
RE: Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
One issue with regards to Serafimovich, it wasn't cleared of Russians until late august. So, i'm not sure how enjoyable a long scenario would be with only a few divisions. Maybe it'll work, I dunno, the turns would be quick for sure. The 3rd Celere Div would eventually move to help clear out Serafimovich with the german units (early august?). While that was happening, the Russians launched an offensive (aug 20 I think) against the Italian 2nd division pushing it back from the banks of the Don River to roughly its current spot on the map in the previous post. It was during this Russian offensive that the Barbo group launched a costly yet successful cavalry charge against Russian positions near Izubshenskiy. The end result after a month of fighting (july to aug) was the Russians exchanging one bridgehead at Serafimovich for another one a few km west.

Maybe having the scenario start on August 20 through August 28 or 29 would work. There wouldn't be that many units to move about to get it working.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42) - by Ocito80 - 02-08-2018, 03:44 PM