• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

3D Graphics for Panzer Campaigns Relaunched
03-20-2017, 10:34 AM,
RE: 3D Graphics for Panzer Campaigns Relaunched
(03-20-2017, 09:51 AM)Strela Wrote: There are lots of limitations with this particular counter set (a whole lot more on that later)

Would you prefer 2D counters (like PzB) rather than the 3D shown? Do you think that would work better?

David

There are "old timers" who have been playing JTS games for 18+ years in 2D view.

I was introduced to JTS games about 10 years ago and I have been playing in 2D view 99% of the time as the old 3D graphics were very weak.

I feel very comfortable playing my games in 2D view and I know many other guys who feel the same way.

I think having your new 3D graphic maps along with using PzB type 2D unit counters like the Side‐on, and NATO would look really good and still be "user friendly" (I'm not a fan of the top down counter images).

That way when more than one unit is sharing a hex with other units, you can still have a better view of what type of terrain they are in, compared to your original example shown in your 1st post.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3D Graphics for Panzer Campaigns Relaunched - by Compass Rose - 03-20-2017, 10:34 AM