• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Explicit Supply question
12-16-2016, 11:09 PM,
RE: Explicit Supply question
(12-15-2016, 11:40 PM)larsonney Wrote:
(12-15-2016, 10:27 PM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(12-15-2016, 09:01 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: I believe a scenario that is designed to use explicit supply has the supply units included in the OOB that the scenario uses, I think this is the only reason it is flagged as a "s" scenario on the filename and not using the rule and opting for the VST rule instead should not have any effect on game play.

If I remember in the first titles to be release after explicit supply was added to the game (like Tobruk) there were two versions of each scenario one with a "s" to indicate that ES could be used and another without the "s", as the series progressed I think it just became normal for all scenarios to have the "s" on their filenames.

Hey Darran and Jon:  Smoke7

But if the explicit supply units are attacked, suffer casualties and / or destroyed by enemy action... it awards points to your opponent's scoreboard - correct?  

So, I "assume" that both sides that have explicit supply units in their OOB need to keep them hidden and far away from the front lines? Idea2
Hi Mike.

Correct, you get points for killing them, but they are sooooo much more valuable as captured supply, especially to the attacker. I guess if you were on the defense and your opponent was insane enough to let you spot supply units you could fire away...I never shoot at sighted enemy supply units when on the attack...I wait to assault and capture it for my thirsty panzers!! 

You do lose half of the total supply unit's value when you capture it, but some is better than none! 

Cheers, Jon

Gents:  Smoke7

Thanks for the explanations!  Smile 

I've never played with explicit supply units as I don't like to micro-manage supply logistics. 

Virtual Supply Trucks is as far as I go with supply in the Optional Rules menu!   Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Explicit Supply question - by larsonney - 12-15-2016, 07:44 AM
RE: Explicit Supply question - by Mr Grumpy - 12-15-2016, 09:01 AM
RE: Explicit Supply question - by Kool Kat - 12-15-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Explicit Supply question - by larsonney - 12-15-2016, 11:40 PM
RE: Explicit Supply question - by Kool Kat - 12-16-2016, 11:09 PM
RE: Explicit Supply question - by larsonney - 12-15-2016, 11:36 PM
RE: Explicit Supply question - by Ricky B - 12-15-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: Explicit Supply question - by larsonney - 12-15-2016, 11:36 PM
RE: Explicit Supply question - by Mr Grumpy - 12-16-2016, 04:03 AM