• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#0202_08s_Kharkov '43 Grand Campaign_Variant_1 CLOSED
11-06-2016, 05:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016, 05:53 PM by Strela.)
RE: #0202_08s_Kharkov '43 Grand Campaign_Variant_1
(10-30-2016, 11:08 PM)burroughs Wrote: Anyway, the scenario is great, to me Kharkov '43 is the swan song of the PzC series what unfortunately cannot be said about Moscow '42, but that is my personal and humble opinion.

Burroughs,

Thanks for posting. I agree with you that these 'super campaigns' are great in concept but require a serious investment of time and unforeseen issues in balance and other issues can derail them. It's almost impossible for us as designers to deeply test these big scenarios as we don't have 3 plus years to do that and still get games released.

I would like to get your feedback on what issue you're seeing with Moscow '42. In the last patch we changed many of the exploits that were causing issues in the campaign. For example, German infantry now have a maximum size of 400 men in the winter scenarios vs the original 900. That definitely removes the exploit of building super units in the quiet sectors. I would consider all input as there will probably be another patch for Moscow '42 (and Kharkov '43).

Also, I was particularly interested that you tried the campaign game for Kharkov '43. I'm guessing that wasn't the Variant 1 release (see attached) that came out 18 months after the original game. The intent of Variant 1 was to fix up the problems of the Germans being too strong in the initial phase and doing exactly what you saw, being too strong from day 1.

Variant 1 is definitely the version to play for any new campaign being kicked off.

David

Attached Files
.pdf   Kharkov '43 Variant 1 Notes.pdf (Size: 269.37 KB / Downloads: 3)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #0202_08s_Kharkov '43 Grand Campaign_Variant_1 - by Strela - 11-06-2016, 05:51 PM