• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#0202_08s_Kharkov '43 Grand Campaign_Variant_1 CLOSED
10-30-2016, 02:23 AM,
RE: #0202_08s_Kharkov '43 Grand Campaign_Variant_1
(10-29-2016, 09:07 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents: Smoke7

I think it is commendable and admirable that both of you would even consider tackling a 449 turn "monster" scenario! Helmet Smile

Kool Kat,

As the designer for Kharkov '43 I wanted to throw my thoughts in here.

This particular scenario is probably the most innovative one I have done. Though it is 449 turns long there are actually three times that victory is determined.

The dates are February 19th, March 5th and March 18th. The reason for this is that without each phase being represented and scored (the initial Soviet advance, the German counterattack and the capture of Kharkov) it is too easy for both players to do ahistorical tactics.

Victory points work completely differently to other games (see attachment in this post for details) and are based on the number of locations held on the aforementioned dates. Points for kills and losses don't figure in the mix other than to represent the balance of losses overall. They don't count for victory determination.

I'll be interested to hear how this plays out, but the way the points work the Soviets have to push hard to take as much of the map as possible by February 19th and then weather the inevitable 'backhand blow'.

It's a great gaming situation and one of my (many) favourite titles!

David

Attached Files
.pdf   Kharkov '43 Grand Campaign Notes.pdf (Size: 881.74 KB / Downloads: 5)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: #0202_08s_Kharkov '43 Grand Campaign_Variant_1 - by Strela - 10-30-2016, 02:23 AM