• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again!
10-28-2016, 04:19 AM,
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again!
Excellent post, some very useful information! Wink

In regards to 9) as Mike alludes to unit fatigue maintenance is almost a game within a game and ignoring rising fatigue amongst your units will lead to almost certain defeat especially in scenarios of 50+ turns, too many players try to fight a 24/7 battle ignoring the need to rest and cycle fresh units in, many players ignore the increased fatigue suffered on night moves (if using the night fatigue opt rule which most titles have as a default option) and also don't realise that if you break a battalion down into its component units those units suffer increased fatigue (read fatigue section for more info). 

I remember a Sicily campaign I played early on in my playing days and I thought it would be a good idea to break down my German battalions and distribute them amongst my weak Italian units to take advantage of their A quality rating, but of course my opponent simply targeted them with all his direct fire/arty/airstrikes and I discovered to my horror that a company with zero fatigue could accumulate 150 points of fatigue in only a couple of turns!

Only when I re-read the fatigue rules did I realise what was going on.

Obviously there will be occasions when breaking down your battalions is unavoidable, but the trick is to try to limit fatigue in everyway possible and in general your forces will perform better over time, remember that any unit with a manpower strength of 100+will show up as XXX with FOW, so a 101 strength unit and a 999 strength unit appear the same and it is possible to try to hide the fact your unit is a broken down company.

In regards to 3) remember that in assault the calculation is based on the lowest quality rating for the attacking units and the highest for the defending units, a whole stack of B quality units could assault using the D quality modifier due to one small lower quality unit being included in the assaulting stack.

In regards to 5) if a player has HQ's in the front line he is either desperate and on the verge of defeat or does not understand the game system to realise why this is such a bad tactic.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Kool Kat - 10-27-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by larsonney - 10-27-2016, 07:09 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Warhorse - 10-27-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Kool Kat - 10-28-2016, 12:07 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Mr Grumpy - 10-28-2016, 04:19 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Fhil - 10-29-2016, 02:29 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Kool Kat - 11-01-2016, 10:30 PM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Fhil - 11-02-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Plain Ian - 11-05-2016, 12:28 AM
RE: PzC Tips & Tactics Time Again! - by Mowgli - 10-01-2019, 09:21 PM