• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is this game supposed to be realistic ?
04-11-2016, 09:29 PM,
Feedback Needed  Is this game supposed to be realistic ?
Each turn represents 15 minutes. Yet, in this window of time, units do ridiculously low damage to each other, such as two units of 400 harquebusiers firing at each other resulting in only 15 losses ! Some foot units walks only 400 meters on normal terrain, which I calculated means they walk at a pathetic speed of 0,4 m/s ! Granted, moving in formation can be hard, but there should be at least an option to relax the formation and order the men to do this thing called "running" or "haste". Whip

But what baffles me the most are the losses resulting from muskets and artillery fire. You would think a 15 minutes barrage from a battery of several cannons against blocks of pikemen would do some serious damage... Nope, just 30 losses and 1 170 survivors ! Big Laugh

I tried editing the .pdt files, but it is so complicated and contrived that you might as well learn C++ and write your own game. Because each scenario has its own .pdt, and each .pdt is just a series of numbers that the official Notes do a very bad job of describing. What. The. Hell. Bump Jar
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is this game supposed to be realistic ? - by Filibert - 04-11-2016, 09:29 PM