• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzB Normandy tournament for beginners
02-19-2016, 11:11 PM,
RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners
(02-19-2016, 03:43 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Why can't the Allies win this one?  Anyone got ideas from their game experiences?
What worked and what did not?  Sound off!
I am sure there are some great lessons learned.

Dog Soldier

Start as new thread? 

My take is this: 

1.  Great big beefy objective, but only one.  Seemed relatively easy for Allied to take and hold the objective, but this only produced a draw.  After taking the objective, seemed pretty straight-forward attrition for both sides tending towards draw results.  

2.  I played conservative as the Allies as I am very new to PzB and Never played PzC, and SB experience does not help much here.  So I simply played 'not to lose' (see above point 1).

3.  My guess is that the German minor victories came from Axis players who did take/re-take the objective (as Vatutin almost did to me through my own inattention and carelessness!).

4.  I further guess that the Axis major victories resulted from Allied players trying to go for the 'big one' and making risky maneuvers.  My thought is that the short duration probably prevented this from working too well. 

5.  As the Axis, I did try some "fancy maneuvering" but the not being familiar enough with terrain effects and LOS, my paltry efforts laughably fell short.  C'est la guerre! But they did prevent CR from bringing enough force to bear to get the casualties needed for the Allied win.

6.  I would LOVE to read how a German player managed to actively secure a victory!  Hoping those victors will share.

My take - - take it or leave it!   Fun scenario and fun system

Steve
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - by Al - 01-11-2016, 07:25 AM
RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - by Al - 01-31-2016, 09:52 AM
RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - by Stejones82 - 02-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Round 2 update - by Hadge - 02-28-2016, 06:48 PM
RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - by Al - 05-22-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - by Al - 05-30-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - by Al - 06-15-2016, 03:07 AM
RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - by Al - 09-12-2016, 08:22 AM