• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity
02-19-2016, 01:38 AM,
RE: CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity
(02-18-2016, 12:26 PM)Volksgrenadier Wrote: I made a few overlayed pics to get a better impression.

Cool.  Now since I cannot read German, so, I do not know what all the information is that you are seeing.  Here is what you can see (in English) when you use the LOS tool (forgive me up front if you already know this / what I think could be happening is not - like I said I cannot understand the qualifier words you have in the German game and I am going to be more thorough than I need just to make sure - no offense intended in any way):

Line colour:

Light blue - clear LOS to the ground (qualifiers add information)
Dark blue and Pink - blocked LOS to the ground (point of transition from blue to pink is the place LOS is blocked) (qualifies matter a huge amount)
Grey - partially obstructed LOS (some members of the unit can see but others cannot, in the case of a tank this can mean the hull MG cannot target the ground but the main gun cannot)

Qualifiers:
Hull down
Partial hull down - these are just informing you what kind of position your tank is in relative to the target area.  Hull down means only the turret of the selected tank is visible from the target area, Partial means some small portion of the hull is also visible.
Reverse slope no aim point - this one is critical! What this is trying to say is your selected unit cannot target the ground here but it is just out of visibility and if an enemy unit happens to enter this location there is a very good chance that they will be visible.

That last qualifier is the most important.  If you are using the LOS tool and see the Dark blue and Pink line indicating blocked LOS but the qualifier says "Reverse slope no aim point" this is telling you that if an enemy unit is in that location your unit will have LOS to that enemy unit (and probably visa versa) or that your FO can call artillery at this location.  In the case of a tank looking out over rolling hills, this is to help you determine how far down the reverse slope side the enemy can be spotted by your tank.

So, do you see that "Reverse slope no aim point" qualifier when you use the LOS tool for your tank and check that area where the enemy tanks are?
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity - by Volksgrenadier - 02-17-2016, 03:24 AM
RE: CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity - by Das Morbo - 02-17-2016, 08:01 AM
RE: CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity - by Das Morbo - 02-18-2016, 12:05 AM
RE: CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity - by Das Morbo - 02-18-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity - by raz_atoth - 02-17-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity - by raz_atoth - 02-18-2016, 02:41 AM
RE: CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity - by A Canadian Cat - 02-19-2016, 01:38 AM
RE: CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity - by Panzer Lehr - 02-21-2016, 07:43 AM
RE: CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity - by Panzer Lehr - 02-22-2016, 05:07 AM