• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why I really like the Panzer Campaigns Series!
09-18-2015, 04:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-18-2015, 05:21 AM by Kool Kat.)
Why I really like the Panzer Campaigns Series!
Gents: Smoke7

I've only "discovered" the Panzer Campaigns series (PzC) and purchased my first game (Sicily 43) a few months ago... but have really grown to like this game system!  Big Grin

Let me count the reasons why:

(1.) Nostalgia - Reminds me of the past (pre-PC) days when I was pushing around cardboard counters on a paper map board.

(2.) Scale - Operational (1 hex = 1 kilometer and 1 turn = 2 hours) with a nice blend of tactical decision-making required too. Unit sizes are divisions, regiments, and battalions.

(3.) Unit Combinations - Ability to both combine and breakdown units into smaller formations.

(4.) Morale and Fatigue Management - It is a "game" within itself and this management becomes critical in the longer campaign scenarios.

(5.) Campaign Games - The longer (100 turn +) scenarios is when this game system "shines" for me! Now all aspects of running a grand campaign come into play; Operational, strategic, and tactical considerations, morale, fatigue, reinforcements, withdrawals, etc.)

(6.) Combined Operations - Using all units within a combined operations (Armor, artillery, infantry, motorized, cavalry, recon, air and naval units, etc.) to achieve your battlefield objectives.

(7.) Use of Mods - Ability to utilize (fairly easily) various 3rd party mods to enhance both the unit portraits and map board graphics breathe "new life" into the PzC series! 

(8.) Finally - it's fun! - I'm able to stare and plot moves on my pixel battlefields... and than to look up at the clock and suddenly realize 2 hours have passed! Good stuff!  Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why I really like the Panzer Campaigns Series! - by Kool Kat - 09-18-2015, 04:10 AM