• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
09-03-2015, 08:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015, 09:01 PM by Xaver.)
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
Maybe for me the biggest problem is how AT combat is unable to represent the advantage for defender when is attacked by enemy armored forces.

I refer that is very easy rush and close range ASAP without heavy casualties VS best enemy AT elements (in hard attack value and range) something that neutralize the tactical advantage for defender to be in hide positions waiting enemy and as is game now enemy can close range and defender cant retreat to mantein a flexible defense.

In Kursk you can launch a soviet battalion of 30 T-34 over AT positions (guns and tanks) in a rush of 1.000m or more (4-6 hexes) and suffer maybe 1 or 2 casualties in the aproximation (and this could be the worst situation, i do tests with 4 A tigers + 5 C panthers rushed by 1 T-34 company with 0 casualties for attacker) but when you are near enemy destroy AT defenses very fast with numbers specially guns and non heavy armored tanks.

In general i feel AT combat is to PzC in game and it needs be more Steel Panthers in defender advantages because who is moving needs be very vulnerable in movement in open terrain and be not a lot letal when finish near enemy.

EDIT: maybe for units that are stoped (not using AP) they can have a kill bonus over armored targets with a bigger chance to score a kill and at same time armored units in movement suffer a penalty in same way... but scaled... if you move 25% less chance to score a kill as base and if you use over 50% AP penalty goes to 50% for example.
Lets see but in this moment for me here is the PzB Achilles heel and if PzB3 is going to cover North Africa problem could be very hard to solve when 88s engage low armored tanks but they can close range fast with no casualties.

PD: best way now to reduce casualties in tanks is curious rush with them to avoid range combat if you dont have very good values here, is more profitable have armored units near enemy because you are going to deal a lot of damage.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Friday Update : August 7th - by Strela - 08-07-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - by Xaver - 09-03-2015, 08:59 PM