• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Assistance Playing East Prussia `14
07-28-2015, 07:31 AM,
RE: Assistance Playing East Prussia `14
(07-21-2015, 12:26 AM)Fog of War Wrote: Just got it and jumped into the GC: "1914_0820_01s: Clash of Empires" as Imperial Germany vs AI.

I can`t find any discussions on game play anywhere, ( pointers welcome ) so my questions are how to effectually move and fight the Machine Gun Companies & Field Guns ?

The low travel mode factor setting points to get them into T mode so to move them, and then out of T to fire, make them take 3 turns to move, set up and fire. They can`t even move 1 hex and be ready to fire. ( complex paragraph but you guys who play it know what I mean )

The same thing with the field guns. This makes both a magnet for enemy fire while in T mode trying to keep up with the advancing Inf. and easily disrupted, which seems to work against the mobility the old German Army had in RL, and gives, like most JT PzC games great advantage to the defenders....
RL

Basically you can't use MG sections and arty as spearheads as in an armored assault like they were tanks. If you advance them into the enemy's minimum range fire zone they will get badly shot up. If the enemy has a position they want to hold, you need to advance infantry to cover the deployment of your guns which means massive casualties all the time you want to advance against a defender that wants to hold. jonny Whip
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assistance Playing East Prussia `14 - by jonnymacbrown - 07-28-2015, 07:31 AM