• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Waterloo Bicentenary Project
07-13-2015, 08:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2015, 09:20 AM by -72-.)
RE: Napoleon in Russia Project
The alignment is the same, but they are further back -they should be about 500 meters from the wall of Hougomont.

I was only going by what units were next to which other units in looking at it. Cornwell's map does not have a time on it -just says deployments as in the morning of 18th June 1815.

Although that could be addressed by adding 1 or 2 turns to the front end of the scenario.

Edit: However, that is just the French left flank, Cornwell has Durette's division pretty much in the exact same place. To be fair, Chandler has it directly adjacent to Marcognet's division; although the point is again -slagging a designer personally when clearly there are other sources available (not to mention also having had a go at the testers in earlier posts), is ott and unfair. The point I am making is not that Cornwell is the source, as much as it is - Cornwell would have used a source -and it almost certainly was not the scenario (namely because it does not match exactly).

Stating 'that Cornwell is wrong', is a statement -lot's of statements ... not so many actual references demonstrating how it is wrong ( actually to be entirely accurate I did not see any -I saw a book title or two, but that is not the same thing as a reference citation.).

Granted neither is my adding in a map citation although my point here was to demonstrate that the narrative was flawed. I suppose it would have been pretty easy to have played the man instead of the topic in demonstrating this.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Waterloo Bicentenary Project - by BigDuke66 - 07-01-2015, 04:18 AM
RE: Waterloo Bicentenary Project - by BigDuke66 - 07-01-2015, 04:22 AM
RE: Waterloo Bicentenary Project - by jim pfleck - 07-02-2015, 01:43 AM
RE: Waterloo Bicentenary Project - by BigDuke66 - 07-02-2015, 08:30 AM
RE: Waterloo Bicentenary Project - by jim pfleck - 07-02-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Napoleon in Russia Project - by -72- - 07-12-2015, 07:25 PM
RE: Napoleon in Russia Project - by jonnymacbrown - 07-13-2015, 02:47 AM
RE: Napoleon in Russia Project - by -72- - 07-13-2015, 08:31 AM