• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1
05-14-2015, 12:37 AM,
RE: The Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1
(05-14-2015, 12:15 AM)iluvmy88 Wrote: the game does take into account casualties i just didnt have any more that ONE casualty, thats it one guy got hurt. thats why i got full points. meanwhile he lost 6 tanks and at least 34 inf and thats just the killed it amounted to about 2 platoons minus his heavy weapons so your down 2 platoons and 6 tanks and you havent even touched your opponent what do you do......also how would he know if he was getting reinforced or how many without cheating and looking at the scenario file, we did get reinforced the turn before last but if im in his shoes it isnt enough when he has map control. i get what your saying but your all just downplaying a perfect victory, he may have been able to cause some casualties true but i still would have had control over all but one VP by the time his reinforcments could come into play he really had no chance and your just saying he should have prolonged the inevitable when in a real situation a retreat would have been called to perserve valuable troops. thus giving up all territory and accepting that you lost the battle.

Please reread my last post, in a surrender mode situation the game system DOES NOT take anything that went on in the game into account - it awards ALL the points regardless of what transpired in the game to the winner. In my example of when I opened up the game, no one was killed on either side and no objectives were taken - the Russian surrendered and the German got all the points - so when using the surrender mode what went on in the game has NOTHING to do with the points awarded - hence my issue with using the surrender mode in a points based tourney.

Try what I did - open up the scenario we are playing in round 1 in single player mode and surrender on the first turn and do nothing else and see how the points are allocated. You will find that the results (1350) are identical to the score that was given to you.

Again, my concerns have NOTHING to do with what went on in your game, I'm only concerned about how the game system scores a surrender and why the surrender mode can't be used in this tourney
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1 - by H - 05-14-2015, 12:37 AM