• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMx2 tactical notes and observations
02-23-2015, 06:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2015, 06:51 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: CMBN tactical notes and observations
15-I ran this separate test to see if houses give good cover by deploying an 11-man Russki squad in each house on Hide with minimum arcs.
The Germans spotted the squad in the house on the left at about 30 metres and opened fire, routing the Russians out the back door-
[Image: RT-spot9_zpsqqmdts8d.jpg~original]

16- I then ordered the Germans to move into the other house, and amazingly they still hadn't spotted the Russians even though they'd closed to about 10m. Here the Russians fire first and blow away the point man as he enters the 10m arc..
[Image: RT-spot010_zpsfyjkjivm.jpg~original]

17- And a pointblank firefight erupts, some Germans ran in the front door and were cut down, and others got it among the brussel sprouts..
[Image: RT-spot011_zpsq3j3yryh.jpg~original]

18- But the Russians quickly call it a day and flee out the back door despite only suffering 2 casualties. They were out of command to their platoon HQ white arrow) like the other squad which may explain their shakiness.
[Image: RT-spot012_zps8gjj3zwu.jpg~original]

SUMMARY- Here are the range figures from the above tests, bear in mind it was a bright sunny day, and all ranges would be less at dusk/dawn/night or in bad weather.
Also it was a pure spotting test, not a combat test, so I basically ordered the Russians to hold their fire throughout so they wouldn't blow their cover.
Approx ranges at which squads were spotted in-
Open ground= 250m
Light Forest= 150m
In Heavy forest, behind Hedge, behind Rural wall= 80m
Behind Low bocage= 60m
Behind Brick wall and Tall stone wall= 15m
In House= 10 to 30m
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CMBN general notes and observations - by Nort - 01-17-2013, 03:16 AM
RE: CMBN tactical notes and observations - by PoorOldSpike - 02-23-2015, 06:18 PM