• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First World War Campaigns - More insight into combat odds
11-22-2014, 02:37 AM,
RE: First World War Campaigns - More insight into combat odds
(11-21-2014, 04:51 PM)ComradeP Wrote: That's also one of the reasons why placing a large stack in objective hexes in those scenarios can be very effective: it's often not possible to remove them in a timely manner.

Well that might work in PzC, but I lost a scenario once because I didn't check my stacking limits and when my stack could not retreat the extra losses I suffered gave the game away, also FWWC use a modified version of the Alt fire rule and overstacking will lead to horrendous casualties and units quickly becoming broken and hence easy to assault away.

I agree there can be some disconnection between the manual and the game, but I found that once I understood how the basics worked I have not really referred back to the manual and rely on my playing experience to answer the grey areas in the manual. Wink

So my advice would be to not dissect the manual so much and keep playing to gain experience and after a while you will forget the manual exists! LOL
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First World War Campaigns - More insight into combat odds - by Mr Grumpy - 11-22-2014, 02:37 AM