• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First World War Campaigns - More insight into combat odds
11-22-2014, 02:11 AM,
RE: First World War Campaigns - More insight into combat odds
I think Ed is so far correct that there are things you need and need not to know, problem is that when going through the manual and playing the game there is some form of "disconnection" as one tries to bring the things read in the manual together with what happens on the screen and further more how to do things in the game.

Just take my question as example, I the term "odds" isn't once used in the main manual and in the program manual all you get is:
"Selecting Show Odds will display the odds of the current assault which shows
the advantage or disadvantage held by the attacking player."

And I went through the complete manual and noted any modifier or other think I have to consider when doing things in the game like fire combat, assaults, etc.. and still I feel I just have puzzle pieces that I have to bring together to form a picture to get a clue what goes on and how to do things

With the example above and some screen shots the process and the things I have to consider a brought much closer together.
This way of explaining things could be really good at many points in the manual and not only in this but also other series like the CW or Napi series.

The FWWC manual has some example calculations behind the supply section but to be honest that is the worst point in the whole manual because there are just calculations and no explanation of the various values used in that calculation, what gives no clue of how things are put together.
It's the opposite of the rest of the manual, as it shows a complete picture without being able to see the pieces used in it.

@Fhil
What Alt Fire rules?
The fire is handle this way:
Fire Against Soft Targets
When a stack of soft targets is fired upon, then one randomly selected target in
that stack receives the majority of the fire while the other units in that stack
receive fire proportional to their strength relative to the total stack.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First World War Campaigns - More insight into combat odds - by BigDuke66 - 11-22-2014, 02:11 AM