• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

One of those days
11-11-2014, 06:41 AM,
RE: One of those days
Download and run malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.com), it's free unless you opt for the premium version. The pop-ups sounds like malware.

Sophos has a free virus removal too: http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/fre...-tool.aspx. Works well, but isn't an anti-virus app. Just use it for scans. It can pick up things others miss. In fact, they all can, so worth the redundancy.

Clean out your cache, too, for all your browsers.

Also, it doesn't hurt to make a rescue CD with one of the virus scanners on it and run it during boot. It's really easy. Here's a "how-to" link for windows defender offline: http://blogs.microsoft.com/cybertrust/20...r-offline/

No matter how good your anti-virus, or how knowledgeable you are, one click on a malicious link and you're toast. Just last week I clicked an alert to update flash. I know better, but it was late and I was tired and wasn't thinking. Got hit with that ransom virus. Luckily I realized my mistake almost instantly and I was able to stay one step ahead of it, but it took all night to get things back to normal. Amazing how fast it spreads once the payload starts to deploy. Fortunately, it was only able to encrypt a few files. I was REALLY lucky. Pray you never get that one.

Anyway, good luck.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
One of those days - by Jim von Krieg - 11-11-2014, 06:12 AM
RE: One of those days - by Scud - 11-11-2014, 06:41 AM
RE: One of those days - by Jim von Krieg - 11-11-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: One of those days - by berto - 11-12-2014, 12:30 AM