• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS/HPS Wishlist and Random Thoughts
08-13-2014, 01:35 PM,
RE: JTS/HPS Wishlist and Random Thoughts
(08-13-2014, 12:11 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: A Salerno approach might just be the best way to devise a game for the various phases of the Korean 1950s conflict.
A very good idea!

Dog Soldier

I'll second that! Looks as though we have a general consensus of opinion about the need for a Korea 1950's Modern Campaigns, and how it could be approached. Now we can only hope something like that is being worked on, or that someone from JT's team takes notice.

Was thinking about scenario design using the existing system, and there are two people who I think are really good examples of how to do it: Aaron with his "Bolt Out of The Blue", which demonstrated just how much stretch there is in the engine, and how it is possible to include everything but the kitchen sink when it comes to adding detail. While I'm not a fan of extensive use of "KG's" vs Companies in the OOB, I understand why he did it, and really admire the his work. The second is Mark Breed (aka Capt Cav) who with his 1981 "Better Red Than Dead" for NGP '85, came the closest ever to having a classic NATO-WP mobilization style scenario. His house rules, and entire approach just "felt right" - to me anyway. Too bad both of them seem to have moved on, but Aaron does check in from time to time it looks like.

It would have been fun to see what either or both of them could have done with an official JT production that they did the design work for.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: JTS/HPS Wishlist and Random Thoughts - by 2-81 Armor - 08-13-2014, 01:35 PM