• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS/HPS Wishlist and Random Thoughts
08-10-2014, 11:28 PM,
RE: JTS/HPS Wishlist and Random Thoughts
(08-10-2014, 01:23 PM)BigDuke66 Wrote: @2-81 Armor
Regarding the initial post.
-Panzer Campaign
Yes a big France 40 map would be nice, currently it's all about Case Yellow(and not even complete) again and ignores Case Red. Not sure if the map would need the complete Maginot line or run down south that even Bordeaux is on it but at least to the point where it is clear the the French campaign can't be won anymore by the Allies would be nice, I would say down to Dijon maybe.

-World War One
Oh yes Tannenberg would be nice, would be a good counterweight to the 1914 West Front. Well maybe we see something this year, we already see new patch for the ACW series were I thought it was done so maybe we get other surprises this year.

Well, overall it looks to me like I've really missed the bus concerning most things I've brought up.

I'd still would really like to see the F '14 map adapted for use with F '40 (and also B '44) though. That, and some OOB work to include the heavy and RR artillery units missing from both sides, among other things. I think it would really give this game (F '40) a new life and interest. B '44 could also make use of the new map, since now that Antwerp and other locations would be present, the full breath and scope of the Ardennes Offensive could be shown (to say nothing of being able to model "Nordwind" in the south). Both titles would benefit from being able to throw in a lot of new strategic and operational variations and options for both sides. But, since it looks like it's a question of individual designers having the inclination to do these things, and given the age of the two titles, chances are this won't happen, since most likely the designer(s) have moved on.

As far as Modern Campaigns goes, I accept the fact that for NATO vs WP stuff, this series is over. I'm still playing around with a new OOB for the 1976-78 time frame (Mod 3 now, with more accurate info concerning the French Army, and a ruthless cutting down of the overall unit count) and maybe someday soon it will be done. Using it for a new Campaign Scenario will be harder, but worth doing just for personal enjoyment - I don't think anyone else is much interested in the time period when compared to the 1980's, but I like having things like M551 Sheridans and M60A2's in the OOB.

For CWB, I guess it's almost the same thing really. Not much more new territory to cover in any case. I think in the East all that hasn't been done is the Shenandoah Campaign (both 1862 and 1864-5) and the Petersburg-Richmond Campaign from 1864-5. (Petersburg would be really tough I think, how do you simulate siege operations over months using the current system?) Out West, I might be wrong, but I think all that's left is maybe the Red River Campaign? Having larger maps for the "big" battles would have been nice, but I can see now why it would be hard to do, and most likely will not happen.

In PzC, I don't know what's left to do for brand new material, but I'll bet more than one thing is in the works. I'd really like to see something covering the Vistula-Oder operation, and going straight into Berlin myself.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: JTS/HPS Wishlist and Random Thoughts - by 2-81 Armor - 08-10-2014, 11:28 PM