• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Naval Camps. Midway
06-05-2014, 02:44 AM,
RE: Naval Camps. Midway
Greetings my double-penny:

I too, do not own Midway, but have Guadalcanal which is one of my FAVORITE ways to kill 15 - 30 minutes. I also play the EAW and Squad battle turn-based series.

I found the real-time transition to be no problem. Against the AI the player can speed up to 10x real-time and pause to allow for the giving of orders etc. I like the displays and find them easy to manage, but again, I do not play the big air/fleet games.

I think it fair to say you will have a learning curve learning to manage the "packages" of air units. Guadalcanal has this and I have toyed with it, but of course, this is not a primary focus of the game as it is in Midway.

To date I have had ZERO luck arranging for real-time internet play; and the AI is pretty easy to beat. I cannot imagine that there is much real-time play out there for Midway, as the games must certainly take hours to complete. So unless you have some dedicated friends who have committed to do this - I think you will be limited to AI play. How it does in big ops, like you ask, I cannot say. No doubt it will exhibit strengths and weaknesses.

In summary: I like the Real time interface and think it is pretty intuitive for JTS players. The AI provides an entertaining if fairly east to beat experience. And I think Midway is all about fleet actions, but am quite confident there is smaller scenarios as well.

Cheers!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Naval Camps. Midway - by Spud - 05-23-2014, 03:27 PM
RE: Naval Camps. Midway - by Compass Rose - 05-23-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Naval Camps. Midway - by Stejones82 - 06-05-2014, 02:44 AM