• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How about a tournament?
03-31-2014, 08:44 PM,
How about a tournament?
Hi there,

I have been around here for a while now, playing some ladder games and the odd scenario of the month but I feel that we could do with a tournament or two to add a little spice to the usual ladder games.

I have toyed around with a new tournament concept for a while and would be willing to test it out here on the Blitz if there are some interested players that willing to give it a go.

The tournament format is borrowed from Collectible Card Games Limited tournaments, they come in two flavours, Sealed Deck and Draft, and the flavour I want to try out first is the Sealed Deck variant.

In a Sealed Deck tournament each participant will get a bunch of units (in CM it will be infantry platoons, vechicles and heavy weapon platoons), from these units you will pick the units you want to use and in what scenario. I will set up each scenario using the units you chose, it will be possible to mix different nationalities with each other, you can have SS fighting along Shermans or British Paras supported by Marders which will hopefully make the tournament stand out from regular lader games.

Every player will play one ME, one Probe as attacker and one Probe as defender, players will de divided into groups of four and play against the other three and the best player(s) in each group will play the finals in the same way.

Are there any interest in this? If there is, then I will post more detailed rules and start making the Sealed Decks. I think that I can handle 8 or 12 people the first time and if it is a success then I hope that I can coninue with similar tournaments, maybe even try a draft.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How about a tournament? - by Cogust - 03-31-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: How about a tournament? - by A Canadian Cat - 03-31-2014, 11:36 PM
RE: How about a tournament? - by Cogust - 04-01-2014, 03:18 AM
RE: How about a tournament? - by A Canadian Cat - 04-01-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: How about a tournament? - by Cogust - 04-03-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: How about a tournament? - by Toblakai - 04-03-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: How about a tournament? - by LT Belenko - 04-05-2014, 11:55 AM
RE: How about a tournament? - by A Canadian Cat - 04-07-2014, 01:08 PM
RE: How about a tournament? - by Cogust - 04-08-2014, 07:00 PM