• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

On Map, Off Map, what is the consensus please?
11-25-2013, 08:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-25-2013, 12:49 PM by K K Rossokolski.)
RE: On Map, Off Map, what is the consensus please?
Somehow, I managed to delete a post when trying to edit my short post above. So here is a rewrite. I haven't been here for a while, so greetings to all.

This is an important topic, especially in view of the great efforts in progress to update our wonderful old game.
My disgust for the vile "bathtub navy" and imbecile "airfield bombers" has never been hidden. I remain of the opinion that garbage such as this is responsible for the loss of interest in JTCS. I wish to see them totally removed.
I have been examining the current lists of aircraft. There is a lack of rationality in both the aircraft types and their assigned attack values.That said, it appears nothing can be done without corrupting legacy scenarios.
I believe the use of onboard aircraft, if not subject to the utmost scrutiny, will introduce capabilities,especially of intelligence gathering and reporting, which are totally unrealistic.
However, since about 1955, the helicopter has become increasingly a part of land warfare, never more so than in Vietnam. A Vietnam war game without helicopters would be a joke.
Tricky...damned if one does, damned if one doesn't.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: On Map, Off Map, what is the consensus please? - by K K Rossokolski - 11-25-2013, 08:44 AM