• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Moscow '42 balance opinions thus far?
04-16-2013, 10:01 AM,
RE: Moscow '42 balance opinions thus far?
I'm going to say it again..... Smile

If you pull out any one 'feature' of the game you will be able to find flaws in it. As Dog Soldier is trying to show you some of the comments here are both unrealistic and ignoring the other factors at play.

A lot of time was spent as a design and play testing team to get the various factors 'balanced' to give the best feel for the fighting in front of Moscow. It's both one of the hardest, yet most satisfying parts of game design to get right. This interplay is our interpretation, if you feel it's wrong the editor gives you the tools to change the various factors.

So let me make a comment or two regarding replacements. Firstly thank you Liquid Sky for your analysis (even if the plane number was wrong!). All units were receiving replacements over the period. These were not from Germany (these came much later in the form of full divisions from Western Europe), but rather the flow of men and materiel back from local hospitals and R & R. Most units if under significant threat would mobilize every able bodied man (and even the lightly wounded) to hold the line. But as pointed out this level of replacements is the absolute maximum. It would assist if players had details of the 'potential' losses on this archetypical day. In actual play testing the Germans were losing more than they were replacing. Now let me be clear, this does not mean 34K losses in a day - it meant that replacements were significantly lower due to the factors mentioned previously and losses were exceeding the actual number of replacements.

Now all that said, if you can show in actual play that we have it wrong we will look at fixing it. My first thought is that supply levels could be dropped to make it even more imperative for the Germans to withdraw or as suggested in the thread the maximums for unit could be lowered. But you have to 'actually' play the game to see if these fixes are required when all the other variables are in play.

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moscow '42 balance opinions thus far? - by Strela - 04-16-2013, 10:01 AM