• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Moscow '42 balance opinions thus far?
04-09-2013, 09:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2013, 09:59 PM by raizer.)
RE: Moscow '42 balance opinions thus far?
I would be very hesitant to make any judgements on play balance and game design based on games played against an AI. The AI is simply a way to learn the intricacies of the game and how its played in preparation for playing people. I am finding the balance in m42 to be pretty good. To me, the scenarios feel right. I have completed the following scenarios (against people and a few with more than one play thru); Kaluga, which is about 80 turns and a medium sized game. The germans cannot back up forever, and about half way through the game, they have to make a stand somewhere, or lose it, and this is where the russians will presumably assault them. Valsov heads W. Same thing. This game also feels right to me, and again, the germans have to make a stand about halfway through the game or lose it. Solnechnogorsk, again you have germans forced to figure out where to stand fast or lose the game if they back up.
One of my draws against Sgt. Fury was decided on the last turn of the game. I had a minor victory as the germans, but Dave took a key VP hex on the last turn with an assault. We had a great time, the game felt right and we got a draw, I am not sure what more we could want in terms of balance.
I would suggest you play humans in some smaller games, which are, for the most part, pieces of the campaign game and then go big.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moscow '42 balance opinions thus far? - by raizer - 04-09-2013, 09:44 PM