• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Moscow '42 balance opinions thus far?
04-08-2013, 03:50 AM,
RE: Moscow '42 balance opinions thus far?
Hello,

I don´t have the personal experience with Moscow42 as I don´t own the tile yet, but I have experience with some winter combat in the east. This slow pace of Soviet infantry was introduced with the Kharkov´43 if I´m correct, and some games were updated with this values.

I know that for example in Korsun ´44, the Russian infantry is way too slow to actually break through and then march at the historical pace. The problem could be that not every winter on the Eastern front was so brutal in means of snow cover, and not every sector as well. No matter how big the snow cover would be, I don´t believe that the infantry was not able to move faster than 1km per two hours! It´s just 1 km, the snow would have to be over the head to prevent at least 2km/2hours movement. Otherwise there wouldn´t be any movement outside of the road communication during winters in the East.

That´s just my opinion from my experience. I would like to ask you CompadeP, German motorized infantry moves faster than Soviets on snow right? Do you mean that in deployed mode on clear hexes? Is that because of the morale bonus they get for movement?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moscow '42 balance opinions thus far? - by Fhil - 04-08-2013, 03:50 AM