• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

new France '14 art pack! (Jison compatible)
01-11-2013, 01:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013, 05:23 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: new France '14 art pack! (Jison compatible)
Well, it was not my intention for Jison's awesome work to be critiqued or put on the spot, I was merely providing a alternative for people to choose from. I know those who prefer his infantry images because they are cleaner and standardized, whereas the ones from Osprey are often hit or miss in quality depending on the illustrator. There are even people the prefer the original images over anything he or I ever made, ouch, everyone has their own tastes and I always thought more choice is always best. One thing about Jison's infantry is that their uniforms are often more accurate, because with the Osprey type illustrations, I have to take what I can get -- often there isn't an appropriate image of the unit in question, it either does not exist, or it is facing some strange direction (like away from you) or partially covered by an image in front of it, or just in a terrible pose in general.

Anyway, there is certainly room for both styles to co-exist. Heck, I have several installations of F14 where I have both, as well as the old vmod style and the original artwork too for bug checking (just copy and paste and change the name of the folder). :)

Bioman,

If you cannot see the text on the card background then that likely means that you didn't install Jison's unit card complete mod. Once you do that, he has a right-click type background with darker areas behind the values that show up, otherwise if you just install what I have then it won't work properly and it will be hard to see those values. I suppose you can pick and choose his unit card background and install just that if you know what to look for, but it is better to use his whole pack. You should try installing his complete pack then installing my unit card mod over that if you want to see if that is what the problem is.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: new France '14 art pack! (Jison compatible) - by Volcano Man - 01-11-2013, 01:26 AM