• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Helping Test New Danube Front Update
11-16-2012, 07:44 AM,
RE: Helping Test New Danube Front Update
(11-15-2012, 08:55 PM)JDR Dragoon Wrote: Besides, if they are willing to fix the map in order to remove a non-existing bridge, why not the OOBs?

The main reason (and it is not limited to any single title), is that changing the OOBs would potentially break many more scenarios than it fixes (meaning that all of the stock scenarios would then have to be looked at again).

By 'break', I mean that in the sense that the programming would have issues if it were to call units that did not exist any longer, and probably would result in messages such as 'Error Reading File'. 'Break' in the sense that I read that you are meaning, is more about scenario tweaking, and play balance.

Quote:Some of these OOB glitches are conspiring to make certain stock scenarios nigh-on unplayable, so why not do something about them?

That is something that you would need to ask JTS directly, however my take on it is that is something that they leave up to their individual scenario designers; in a significant amount of situations some scenario designers have moved on and modifying OOBs and scenarios are not something that they have the time to do. Sometimes it happens, but many times unfortunately, it doesn't.

Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helping Test New Danube Front Update - by -72- - 11-16-2012, 07:44 AM