• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"In the shadow of the hill" round 1!
06-25-2012, 10:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2012, 10:15 AM by naughtkris.)
RE: "In the shadow of the hill" round 1!
Results for LondonSandy (Tom) Vs Naughtkris (Jerry)

Sandy= 0Pts
Naughtkris=500pts

Naughtkris= Majory Victory.

It was a hard pressed battle. Sandy slaughtered my poor troops left right and centre. His tanks on average had 20 kills each. I didn't take out a single one of his tanks.

I made several critical mistakes;
(1) It wasn't until turn 30 that I realized I wasn't going to get points for kills.
(2) I placed my ATGs completely in the wrong spots, making them uninvovled in the battle.
(3) I didn't realized until turn 45 that there was going to be 5 "bonus" turns.
(4) It wasn't until i saw the score screen that I realized the two sides had slightly different victory zones. It was only my typical holding fashion style of play that I happened to be still fighting for what turned out to be one or two of his victory zones.

I'll report that game as requested.

POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW

I would like to say, I'm not sure this is the best scenario for play as a non-blind tourney, for as the defender part of the setup is the surprise factor of those two stugs. Once seen by the opponent during his study of the defenders setup, it makes them mostly moot. Don't get me wrong, I had plenty of fun and challenge and a great opponent, just saying maybe a blind tourney would have been better if possible.

Congratz on the victory. Looks like you did really well.

Who's ever been training you must be one heck of a teacher!

(06-23-2012, 01:40 PM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: The game between A Canadian Cat and Stetman has ended. I have reported it as described in the opening post.

Tactical Victory for me 400 - 0

Well done Stetman. My initial success was severely slowed down by the defense and time ran out on me. Stetman denied me one objective due to a single soldier left standing. If only there were more time. I am not sure if I could have dislodged the force on the south horse shoe - even with more time.

[Image: CatVictory.jpg]

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "In the shadow of the hill" round 1! - by naughtkris - 06-25-2012, 10:12 AM