• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
06-08-2012, 06:05 AM,
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
Turn 26

French commander (Foul) turn 26 thoughts:
In the north
All the action in the north revolves around Rick's cavalry charges which carry him to within one hex of Lens, unfortunately his lead unit is cut off by my ZOC and i disrupt the unit and capture 200 men, however it is a real possibility that Lens will fall before the end of the game, it is interesting that the area south of Lens was weakened by my bad luck further north when i had several units trapped and had to reinforce the area with units from the Lens area.

In the centre
It is obvious that Rick's forces have run out of steam and i actually recapture a hex this turn, the 7e DC units have detrained and i can commit them to holding the southern end of Vimy ridge.

In the south
The battle swings to and fro on both ridges, again with fresh units arriving i am not expecting serious trouble here.

My great frustration at this point is not being able to reinforce the Lens area as i have no roads running south to north, if i try to move to Lens the scenario will end before my fresh units will come into play, i also received the Elite 45 DI Div this turn, however again they will not come into play before scenario end.

German commander (Ricky B) turn 26 thoughts:
My forces continue to grind their way forward, moving slowly toward draw territory, but time will run out before I achieve it. A very attritional battle. I may take a couple of objectives here at the end, and knock around the French a bit, but my units are exhausted.

[Image: 5e0abfd8e7Arras_turn26_.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !! - by Mr Grumpy - 06-08-2012, 06:05 AM