• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
06-05-2012, 05:37 AM,
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
Turn 25

French commander (Foul) turn 25 thoughts:
In the North
I am worried about a possible major cavalry attack north of the canal and so i have moved more units to cover La Bassee, in this area and just to the south around Douvrin any repeat of the bad luck i had might just spring Rick's cavalry clear to pick up some easy points. After the heavy night cavalry action to the south of Lens i am fortunate to hold the ground to the south of the river and i rush units to reinforce this area, i am really worried about holding the city to the end of the scenario with the forces i have left.

In the Centre
Things in this area are very much out of my control with most of my units disrupted, Rick has not achieved a foothold on Vimy ridge but i expect him to do that any move now, the good news is that units from the 7e DC Cav Div have arrived by train to bolster my line so i might be able to hold Bailleul village at the southern tip of the ridge, to the south of there my line is holding and with more units of the 7e arriving i am hopeful of holding this line.

In the South
I an still holding parts of both ridges, once again units of the 7e will reinforce this area to prevent any sudden collapse.

I feel that Rick with nothing to lose will throw everything at me, the night cavalry attack showed he is growing desperate and a single gap in my line could spell disaster, so this scenario is still in the balance with lots of points within his reach.

German commander (RickyB) turn 25 thoughts:
Time is running out and the troops are tired. I wasn't able to do anything significant on the right or left flanks, or the left center. However, I continued the heavy cavalry assaults in the right center, punching a hole and overrunning 2 HQs deployed right behind the front - the HQs suffered very heavy losses and may have been destroyed, although it left my cav unit isolated in the upcoming turn. Thinking about it, I would have been better off to split the cav unit and charge with just one part, holding the penetration with the other.

[Image: 7be899f6f8Turn25_German.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !! - by Mr Grumpy - 06-05-2012, 05:37 AM