• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
04-28-2012, 07:02 AM,
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
LOL! ROTFLMAO
This discussion is as amusing as it has always been. LMAO

Though having a sticky stating that you should always discuss personal ROE's prior to starting a PBEM match, is not a bad thing. And, just may be needed?

All my personal ROE's have been debated and some turned down by opponents.

Extreme Assault should be used only when the scenario is designed for it. Or, we can agree that it would make a classic scenario more balanced.

Trucks and unarmed transports/halftracks should never be used as combat units. They should not scout, block roads or line of sight, draw fire, or be used to surround a disrupted combat unit that is about to be assaulted.(Please, leave out the "I got a radio and I am going to drive fifty miles into the enemy rear to direct the fire of artillery or attacks by planes.)

Half Tracks (with a combat factor) are combat units but should not be used to roam all over the map, or assault enemy disrupted armor without friendly armor or infantry. (Again. Please, leave out the "I got a radio and I am going to drive fifty miles into the enemy rear to direct the fire of artillery or attacks by planes.)

Leaders should be stacked with friendly assaulting units when they assault.

Years of debate. But, I believe these are solid personal ROE's that make the game a more historical simulation than a game.

I do not care for "gamey" in the game. Sorry, just because ROE's have not been discussed, the game will end when and if ROE's are broken. Don't give me the rules lawyer; "well you should have told me that my wave of trucks blocking the exit hex to your units can be justified by ..."
Sorry! Helmet Smile Claim your victory and find someone else "gamey" that will play you.
If anyone wants to know my ROE's they should just ask. Helmet Wink

cheers

HSL
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - by Herr Straße Laufer - 04-28-2012, 07:02 AM