• Downloads

France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
04-25-2012, 07:29 AM,
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
Turn 23

Night turn, no images.

French commander (Foul) turn 23 thoughts:
In the North
Up till now this had been a quiet sector, but some amazing back luck on my side has seen the cavalry trapped on the wrong side of the canal trapped twice in two moves despite having a safe retreat route, had i not moved backup forces to this area Rick might have exploited this lucky break to outflank my whole line to the north and it is possible that even Bethune might have been taken, although i have moved more troops to the area i see that Rick has sent all of his cavalry to this sector hoping to brake out in a decisive way? The big problem with the northern area is that my reinforcements cannot reach here quickly to react to another disaster.

In the Centre
To a large extent i am a passenger here with almost every unit disrupted, Rick is now at the foot of Vimy ridge but i can see the steam running out of his attack, this was the area i was most worried about but now seems to be stabilizing unless of course Rick has fresh forces i don't know about?

In the South
The line here will burst in the morning, if my reinforcements don't turn up in a timely manner i could lose Arras if luck goes against me, fingers crossed !!

German commander (RickyB) turn 23 thoughts:
Night has fallen. I am resting a lot of troops, although I did assault a few places that were important. Also working to shift more cav to the north to see what might break free there come the final daylight hours of the attack.

Turn 24

Night turn, no images.

French commander (Foul) turn 24 thoughts:
Whole front, night move.
No movement worth noting although i have rushed more units to the far north of my line, i am hoping that my reinforcements arrive on time as it takes a whole move to detrain them to T mode.
It seems that Rick's push has run out of steam, i can afford to lose two or three VP hex's and still win as long as they aren't the 1500 city hex's, so with 6 moves to go i still hope to get a result.

German commander (RickyB) turn 24 thoughts:
The bloody battle continues into the night, I am sending all my cavalry forward in the north center trying to break Darran's lines. It didn't work, although his losses were high and one cav unit that wouldn't disrupt lost heavily - 100 men in 2 French cav units from one charge. I am just going to keep pushing and see what I can do at the end here.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !! - by Mr Grumpy - 04-25-2012, 07:29 AM