• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WF: Breakout at Benicourt - Balance Issues?
03-20-2012, 08:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2012, 02:17 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: WF: Breakout at Benicourt - Balance Issues?
(03-20-2012, 06:40 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: Hey John: Smoke7

I noted that you had recently played my scenario... and was hoping you would join the conversation! Scenario feedback HERE.

So... based on your experience... are you comfortable in stating that it is balanced? You seem to be leaning in that direction? Idea2

Well, what I meant was that when I play Eric, I generally take the 'disadvantaged' side - and that was why things were a bit more even for us. (It's like a permanent 'shark fin soup' tourney, with me as the shark) Even then, he pretty much had me on the run the entire game. I only won because of the sheer number of infantry ambushes I kept catching him in. Even then, I lost 3/4 of my infantry.

But I hesitate calling it balanced - I didn't see the entire allied oob, but I caught a glimpse of some spa's, a few armored cars, and some rear-area units and a support tank. In addition to the allied infantry (no balance issues there) the only notable balance factor seems to only be the tanks (in my opinion). There seem to be about 8 or 10 platoons of them. Perhaps if they were reduced by 2 to 4 platoons, I would call it balanced. Or, if you switched the tanks to regular M4 shermans, that would probably be *more* balanced, but still a bit strong.

I should mention that artillery on both sides seems fair. Rate and number of axis reinforcements seem ok. Of course, you could add axis tanks to 'even the score' with the shermans, but that would risk changing the whole flavor of the scenario imo.

But yeah, fun little scenario. Allied armor just too strong from my perspective.
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WF: Breakout at Benicourt - Balance Issues? - by John Given - 03-20-2012, 08:08 AM