• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thoughts for a Top Gun Tournament
01-26-2012, 05:00 AM,
RE: Thoughts for a Top Gun Tournament
(01-26-2012, 03:24 AM)PawelM Wrote: For the record I am interested.
This way it can work if I am right :)

Thanks PawelM.
I searched the 2011 ladder and had these parameters in mind.
Each of the selected players was to have:
10 or more reported games
500+ win/loss %
2k+ ELO
Played at least one game in the last 3 months.

Actually there are not 25 players. I listed them as 20 and 5. I did not explain the break in between.

It's twenty players who will play as follows:

* The tournament is set up in three rounds of two scenarios each. The first two rounds will be in "round robin style". Players will be paired off based on their win/loss ratios. Winners of the first round play the winners of the comparable win/loss ratio from the first round. Losers play the losers in highest to lowest win/loss pairings.

* In the first two rounds points would be awarded for each game as follows;
Major win - 5 points
Minor win - 4 points
Draw - 3 points
Minor loss - 2 points
Major loss - 1 point

I listed twenty and five players so that if there are any who do not wish to participate the twenty minimum will be met (and I did not have far to search for replacement players). The five can have a place on the bench and replace anyone that cannot play or drops out.

Having twenty was almost too much the last time. But, it worked and I think twenty is a good number.

Advancing to the the second game, of the first round, the winners play against the winners and the losers play the losers. They are paired based on their scores and ties are broken by their ladder win/loss percentages.

It's not a bracket until the end. It's four games to the final round.

* The final round will be an 'elimination' round. In the final round the four top players will be paired by their tourney point totals, as listed above, highest to lowest. Winners move on to the final scenario. The winner of the final match will be crowned "Top Gun" and receive a badge and one hundred Ladder points.

Selection to the final round is based on highest tournament score. Ties are broken by win/loss %. If a tie still exists in win/loss then the one with the highest ELO between the two wins. If, and this is a big if, a tie exists after all three criteria are checked, a small balanced scenario will be chosen for a sudden death match.

cheers

HSL
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts for a Top Gun Tournament - by PawelM - 01-26-2012, 03:24 AM
RE: Thoughts for a Top Gun Tournament - by Herr Straße Laufer - 01-26-2012, 05:00 AM