• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Comments are Important!
01-11-2012, 12:34 AM,
RE: Scenario Comments are Important!
(01-10-2012, 11:44 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote: I had the same opinion for a long time, but the truth is that statistics tell you more. If one side all the time wins, you have some data to work with. Players comments are just too subjective.

I would state that statistics and subjective comments provide different types of feedback... and that comments help supplement the scenario numerical ratings (as stated earlier). Also, I believe that neither statistics or comments should be evaluated separately, but utilized together to generate a more "complete" picture of a scenario.

(01-10-2012, 11:44 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote: Nonetheless it doesn't hurt if players leave comments and it makes the scenarios come alive a bit. I do recommend the designers to be a bit skeptical when it comes to comments.

Agree. When designers / players review scenario comments, it is also a good practice to understand the individual's overall "Win %" who left the comment. I would be more inclined to accept the comments of a player who has a .600 + win percentage and has played a large number of different skilled players... than an individual who has a sub .200 win % and plays against the same 1-2 folks. Idea2
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Scenario Comments are Important! - by Kool Kat - 01-10-2012, 10:22 PM
RE: Scenario Comments are Important! - by Kool Kat - 01-11-2012, 12:34 AM