• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Now, for your reading pleasure
01-08-2012, 02:02 AM,
RE: Now, for your reading pleasure
(01-07-2012, 07:38 PM)Larry Reese Wrote: Todays topic: SPOTTING. Now, I know the engine was originally designed for smaller maps where this will rarely come into play, but I think it's kind of silly that a unit, no matter how well hidden, becomes almost automatically spotted if it is within the LOS of a large enough number of enemy units.

You are singing in my choir.
Though, I am not a fan of Large unit Large map scenarios, I believe it is still up to the scenario designer to set "realistic" ranges for line of sight. On a clear day you may not be able to see forever? Helmet Wink

(01-07-2012, 07:38 PM)Larry Reese Wrote: Of course, we could chalk it all up to something like land-based Huff-Duff, and say they're spotting the radio usage of the unit while it is calling in artillery, etc..., but that does not take into account the fact that they could be using only land lines.

And, the feature is there before spotters, forward observers, and spotting planes? Suspicious Search Whip

(01-07-2012, 07:38 PM)Larry Reese Wrote: this would still be behind my number one peev - the abyssmal artillery system.

:violin2: And, "excuse me, sir, is that how the fight started?" next will be a discussion of Halftracks and artillery! Helmet Rolleyes ROTFLMAO

Cheers5

HSL

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Now, for your reading pleasure - by Larry Reese - 01-07-2012, 07:38 PM
RE: Now, for your reading pleasure - by Herr Straße Laufer - 01-08-2012, 02:02 AM
RE: Now, for your reading pleasure - by Big Ivan - 01-08-2012, 06:37 PM
RE: Now, for your reading pleasure - by Wolfman - 01-09-2012, 01:12 AM